Last updated: May 23rd, 2022
Quedo takes very seriously its obligation to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. Quedo’s mobile applications for patients are intended to connect to servers and systems operated by Quedo in order to provide you secure, mobile access to those systems and to your personal information.
TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Quedo collects certain Data when you download or use its Applications. Depending on how you use the Applications, Quedo may or collect certain kinds of information about you. This information may, but does not necessarily, include:
- Personal Health Information (PHI). If you are using the Applications as part of your treatment from a health care provider or membership with a health insurance plan, then any information that identifies you as a patient of the health care provider or regarding your health may be PHI. If you are not a patient but are using the Applications on behalf of a health care provider or health insurance company, then information about others that is accessible through the Applications may be PHI. We will only use or disclose PHI as permitted or required under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as amended, and all associated laws and regulations (collectively, “HIPAA”). If your use of the Application is for purposes of a research protocol or is not through a health care provider, then HIPAA may not be applicable.
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII). PII is any information that can individually identify you and includes your name, and contact information, such as e-mail address, telephone number, or postal address.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. Non-personally identifiable information includes information that does not personally identify you, but it may be linkable to you. If non-personally identifiable information is directly linked to personally identifiable information, it will be considered PII while it is linked. Aggregate and de-identified information is not considered PII.
- Personal Data. Among the types of Personal Data that the Applications may, but does not necessarily, collect from you, by itself or through third parties, there are: geographic position, general activity data, movement activity, Cookies, Usage Data, first name, last name, email address, body measurements & indexes, sleeping activity, phone number and picture. Some information regarding phone and SMS usage may be obtained from your device in the case that you choose to contact an emergency hotline. Personal Data may be freely provided by the user of the Applications, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically. Failure to provide the requested Personal Data may make it impossible for Quedo to provide its Applications to you. In cases where the Applications specifically state that some Data is not mandatory, you are free to withhold this Data without any consequences on the availability or the functioning of the Applications. If you are unsure about what Data is mandatory, contact us at (877) 901-1444 or email@example.com.
Users are responsible for any third-party Data obtained, published or shared through the Applications and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to Quedo.
Quedo’s services are not intended for children under 13 years of age and Quedo does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to Quedo, please contact Quedo at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under age 13 may review and request deletion of the child’s personal information.
INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES
Quedo may also may collect information about you that is received from other sources or from our offline interactions with you to, among other things, enable Quedo to verify or update information contained in Quedo’s records and to better customize the Applications for you. Quedo may combine information gathered from multiple parts of the Applications into a single record.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
Quedo does not sell or license any Data that you may provide as you use the Applications. Except for those things stated below, Quedo Applications do not send your Data directly to Quedo and do not store any of your Data on your device or in the cloud-based storage solution associated with your device (i.e., iCloud or its equivalent).
Quedo attempts to minimize the amount of your Data stored or retained on your device. Nevertheless, the Applications may, but does not necessarily, use collected Data from you for the following purposes:
- Registration. When you register for or download the Applications, or when a third party registers you for or downloads the Applications on your behalf, Quedo may collect your Personal Information as part of the registration process, including, but not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email address, sponsoring provider and program settings. SMS messages and email may be used during the registration process to send a one-time code and link to access the Applications.
- Personalization. Quedo may collect Data such as your picture in order to personalize the Applications.
- Notifications. Registered users of the Applications may receive notifications according to their user settings.
- Self-Reported Health Information. Quedo may collect the information that you enter while using the Applications, such as information regarding your health and/or medical condition and related behaviors.
- Provider-and-Payer-Reported Health-Related Information. Quedo may collect information about you that is submitted with your permission by your authorized healthcare provider or other third party while using the Applications, such as information about your health and/or medical condition, including information that is protected under HIPAA.
- Automatically Tracked Health-Related Information. Quedo may collect data such as cookies, geographic location, movement, heartbeat, change in altitude, data about surroundings, and geographic position data in order to provide specific features. Most browsers and operating systems will allow you to opt out of the Applications’ collection of geolocation information. Some operating systems will also allow you to opt out of the Applications’ collection of activity information. If explicit authorization has been provided, Quedo may share this data with your authorized healthcare provider or other third party to allow them to provide personalized services.
- Customer Support. Quedo may use your contact information to send you information about the Applications or information relating to your health, to respond to technical support inquiries, or to help prevent spam, fraud, or abuse. When you enter Data into an inquiries or contact form in any portion of the Applications, Quedo may use the information provided to reply to requests for information or other requests as indicated by the form.
- Managing Contacts and Sending Messages. Quedo may collect your email address, phone number and other contact information to communicate with you for purposes of registration or customer support, and to track usage of certain features in the Applications.
- System Logs and Maintenance. For operation and maintenance purposes, Quedo may collect files that record your interactions with the Applications (system logs) or other Personal Data (such as IP address).
- Surveys and User Research. From time to time, Quedo may send you survey questions or contact you with questions related to your experience to help Quedo improve the Applications. Quedo may collect any responses you provide. Participation in such surveys or user research does not impact your access to the Applications.
- Analytics. Quedo may collect and use your device’s unique identifier for analytics purposes or to store your user preferences, and may use Google Analytics or other third-party services.
- Research. Information collected by Quedo in conjunction with your use of the Applications may also be used for research purposes. In such event, use of your information will be subject to the terms of any applicable informed consent and/or other authorizations from you.
- As Required by Law. Quedo may disclose your information to third parties when required to protect and defend Quedo’s legal rights, protect the safety and security of users, prevent fraud, comply with the law or respond to legal processes or a request for cooperation by a government entity.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
- How We Protect Your Personal Information. The security of your information and data while using our Applications is very important to us. Our Applications employ a variety of technical safeguards to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal information, including password protection, data encryption, and limits on who may require access to your information to furnish services to Quedo. Additionally, Quedo uses industry standard technology to keep your information secure while it is on Quedo servers. Healthcare providers with whom you connect may also use a variety of physical, administrative, and technical measures to protect your personal information.
- Links to External Websites. Some applications may include links to external websites not operated or controlled by Quedo. Quedo does not claim control of and is not responsible for the privacy or security practice of such others sites, and encourages you to look for and review the privacy statements of each and every website that you visit and to be mindful of the information you may submit to any such third party.